M.Sc Chemistry is a Post-Graduate Degree that is pursued by a student who has an Under Graduate Degree in the relevant field. The duration of the course is 2 years with 4 semesters included in the course. A bachelor's degree of 3 years in the relevant field from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% is eligible for this course. There are a huge scope and employment available to MSc chemistry graduates as there is a huge scope for research in various government facilities. The various government job opportunities are:
- Research analyst.
- Assistant professor.
- Research engineer.
- Production supervisor.
- Senior research associate.
- Quality control analyst.
- Research officer.
- Lab technologist.
- Warehouse supervisor.
- To recognize the breadth, depth, and scope of chemistry.
- Define chemistry in relation to other sciences.
- Identify the main disciplines of chemistry.
- To provide a broad foundation in chemistry that stresses scientific reasoning.
- To provide students with the skills required to succeed in graduate school, the chemical industry or professional school.
- To expose the students to a breadth of experimental techniques using modern instrumentation.